Budding from my love for Africa. I started exploring the outback of Africa with my mountain bicycle. This resulted in long days under the African sun and rain. I call it adventure touring.
If you have had enough of the rat race of city life, This is the perfect way to get away and feel Africa from the grass-roots.
The aim of this blog is to give you a taste of Africa and bring together people interested in adventure cycle touring.
Just a little about myself:
- Farming with Cattle and pigs in South Africa.
- 2012 Tour Zimbabwe and Mozambique by bicycle.
- 2013 Tour Malawi by bicycle.
- 2014 Tour with my 70 year old dad in South Africa by bicycle.
- 2015 Finished Trans-Afrika race – fourth place 13 days 9 hours and 20 minutes (2800km bicycle race across South Africa).
- 2016 Finished Trans-Afrika race-second place 12 days 21 hours and 41 minutes.
Feel free to leave comments and ask questions.